- Pacific Hills Christian School
- Mid year – 15th June, 4pm – 6pm
- End of year – 14th December, 4pm – 6:30pm
- The compulsory stage rehearsal is before the end of year concert, starting at 9am.
- Pacific Hills
- Concert ticket release date – 7th November
- Trophy week – 5th – 11th December in class time
- Stage rehearsal – 12th December – 9am – 12pm
- Photos – 12th December – 8am – 1pm
- Concert – 12th December – 4pm – 6:30pm (students arrive at 3:30)
Parent’s week / watching weekly
- Parents week at our Pennant Hills and Kellyville and Toongabbie dance classes is the last week of term 1 and 3. We invite all friends and family to come and watch the classes 🙂
- Mums and Bubs classes don’t participate in our 2 concerts. Instead, they have parents week at the end of every term where friends and family can come and watch. At the end of term 4 in their last lesson, they will receive a special medal.
- During normal classes, we invite parents to view classes from the glass door at Kellyville and windows at Pennant Hills and MPC doors at Toongabbie.
Concert and mid year concert
In June we hold our mid year concert and In December each year we hold our big end of year dance concert! They are both the highlight of the year and the students talk about it every week. The students perform in their uniforms for the mid year concert and beautiful costumes for the end of year concert (which they are able to keep).
Our concerts are convenient and easy for parents and tickets aren’t too expensive. They are usually held in schools around the area, we want the concerts to be at a convenient location but we also ensure the concert is of a very high standard – professional, fun and an extremely organized show. The parents always comment on how ‘blown away’ they are every year by the quality of the show. We pride ourselves on our organization, which makes it easy for parents and students. The parents are confident that we are running a tight ship backstage, so that the concert not only runs on time and flows smoothly, but also the students have fun and are well looked after backstage.
The cost to parents for the concerts would be – tickets to attend (performers do not need to purchase a ticket) and the cost of costumes.
The concert is professionally filmed which means the audience can sit back, relax and enjoy the show without having to worry about capturing it all on camera. The concert is available for purchase on DVD and the quality is outstanding to!
We also have a canteen at all our concerts.
Mums and Bubs classes don’t participate in our concerts.
At the end of terms 1 and 3 we hold our parent’s week, which is where all our classes are open for viewing. All family members and friends are welcome. The students are able to show the audience what they have been working on over the term including their stretches, technique and a routine. In our younger classes, we always involve the audience members and the students love being able to dance with their family and friends! Certificates are also awarded to a few students each term.
Your trophy fee is included in your enrolment fee at the time of enrolment. Trophies are then awarded in the last class of the year! 🙂
All tickets must be purchased before the concert day as we have set seating. We sell our tickets through trybooking. Keep an eye out for emails and info sent out about when to do this. No refunds for change of mind.
Once the costumes have been ordered in term 3, they must still be paid for if your child leaves the dance school. Costumes are around $60 – $80.
Costumes should be brought to the concert in suit bags or boxes with your child’s name labeled on everything.
All students need stockings if their legs will be shown in their costumes. These can be purchased through us.
Students also need a tan body stocking (leotard) to wear under their costumes (if in more than 1 dance) to ensure modesty and safety in the dressing rooms. These can be purchased through the dance school.
Stage rehearsal, photos and uniform selling
The stage rehearsal and photo morning is a compulsory event and will be the morning of the actual concert. We ask that parents stay to supervise their own child for the rehearsal and get them dressed in their costumes for photos. We will only be responsible for students when they are on stage dancing. This will take place at Pacific Hills.
The photos will then be for sale online after the concert.
We hope that it is more convenient for everyone to have the stage rehearsal, dress rehearsal, photo day and concert all on the same day. It is such a busy time of year so we have tried to make it easier by all the dance events being on the one day, rather than 4 different days.
Uniforms and shoes for the new year will be for sale as well.
A canteen will be open all day with snacks and drinks so please bring cash for this.
We'd love to meet you and welcome you to try out a free class.